Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Turkey Cookies on Veteran's Day????







Decided to have our friends over today to have the kids make/decorate sugar cookies in the shape of their hands to resemble turkeys. Cute idea that the kids then made to look nothing like turkeys??? At least to us adults anyway!
I was very proud though when I told Chase my idea last night and he boldly told me..."why would we make turkey cookies on Veteran's Day??" We decided together that we should also make flag cookies!! I am just always amazed at how thoughtful and grown up he can be!!
We have been talking lately about friends and family members who have served our country. We will be thinking of them today as well!! Just recently Chase brought items, and wrote a letter, for a soldier overseas to school.
So he was right to question turkey cookies today and made a special flag cookie as well!!!

1 comment:

The Ricci's said...

Had fun! Thanks! On Thanksgiving we will have to make flag cookies to make up for our error!